No bird soars too high, if he soars with his own wings.

Sunday 4 September 2011

Zalando Competition!

I know I said I'd post about my Erasmus adventures this week, but I happened to come across this Zalando competition last night and I decided I'd give it a shot. I wouldn't normally do something like this, but as I'm currently embarking on a mission to give my wardrobe a complete makeover and fill it with autumn/winter clothes, it seemed like it could be useful as well obviously wanting to get my greedy little hands on £3600 worth of clothes! Thanks Zalando! Anyway, here's what I put together:



Photobucket




The dream shoes to end all dream shoes


I originally intended to include them in the outfit below, but I realised they didn't go with any of the stuff on the site that I liked or actually even anything I already own. The fact that I'd be well over 6 feet tall in these shoes, would probably look like Bambi on ice trying to walk in them and would tower over my dinky boyfriend is irrelevant! They're in no way practical or within my price range, but I have been known to sit and lust after them for hours on end. One day I will have them! I WILL!



As you've undoubtedly noticed, I'm no fashion blogger and I'm a bit crap at putting these sorts of collages together, so apologies for how amateur this looks. I wouldn't normally wear something like this outfit, but after spending a year in Germany I've become noticeably more conservative with what I wear and I've finally begun to realise the importance of dressing to suit my figure instead of blindly following whatever the High Street tells me is fashionable. In other words I've grown up and it's only taken me twenty one years to realise that I can actually think for myself and don't look good in crop tops.

I fell in love with the dress as soon as I saw it and I'll probably order it for myself once my student loan comes in. It'll be perfect for wearing to uni with the boots I selected and a pair of wooly grey tights, but my main reason for picking it was because if an impromptu visit to the SU arose (as it often does) I could just throw on a pair of heels and black tights without fearing that I look rammy. Bit disappointed with the necklace selection on the site if I'm being honest as I think it'd look really nice with some throat candy, but never mind! I don't know if I'd wear the blazer with it because I can't really tell from the pictures if they'd go together, but it's pretty and I've been after a nice blazer anyway.

On to the accessories... I'd quite like a glamorous laptop case for uni, but I've never been able to justify paying for one when I have a fully functioning one already (albeit very black and bland). This one really appealed to me because it looks a lot like a handbag and I could probably just whack in my essentials and use it for that purpose too. The lipstick I chose because although I'd never spend that much money on make-up for myself (especially not a lipstick!), it's a gorgeous colour and I've been really loving pink lipsticks lately. This one is a little bolder than what I'm used to and so would probably be better saved for one of the aforementioned spontaneous cocktail outings! The same goes for Burt's Bees really - I love the products, but they're just too pricey for me usually. I'm already excited about the cold dark nights so I can spend hours and hours in a warm bubbly bath pampering myself without feeling guilty! And the underwear? Well, every girl needs a set of impractical, sexy underwear. If I'm wearing pretty underwear I'll feel good about myself all day! Not overlynsure about paying over £160 for a set of underwear, but a girl can dream!

I hope you enjoyed the selection and my explanations weren't too rambly; I have the tendancy to write far too much so I do apologise. You can enter for yourself using this link, the competition ends on the 30th September. Best of luck!

zalando fashion frenzy

Sarah
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment